I have a lot to be thankful for this year, including (but not limited to):
- The little taco shop down the street that not only makes delicious breakfast burritos, but will make them without eggs for those of us who prefer our burritos egg-free.
- My wonderful husband, who goes and picks up breakfast burritos from the taco shop down the street every weekend. (I’m thankful for him for lots of other reasons, too.)
- My sister-in-law, who jogged at a slow pace with me even though she could have run much faster and kept me motivated to complete my first 5-K yesterday morning. I didn’t stop to walk at all, and I finished in 33 minutes and 1 second.
- All of my in-laws, for deciding that we would run the Turkey Trot yesterday morning. If not for the Turkey Trot, we might have stayed at my in-laws’ house the night before Thanksgiving, and rather than discovering at midnight on the coldest night of the year (so far) that our furnace had stopped working, we likely would have come home the next night to frozen and cracked pipes.
- The furnace repair man, who got out of his warm bed at 1:30 Thanksgiving morning to fix our furnace for not too exorbitant a fee, all things considered.
- My wonderful husband, for letting me snuggle with the dogs under the electric blanket while he dealt with the furnace repair man in our frigid house. (I told you he was good for more than just breakfast burritos.)
- My parents, for being all-around fantastic and never failing to amaze us with their generosity, most recently as we try to sort out all the details of selling one house and building another.
- The fact that in just a few short months we’ll be moving here:
It doesn’t look like much now, but soon enough it’ll be the house of our dreams.
What are you thankful for this year?