- The bride’s vision for the ceremony and reception decor finally comes together and it was 100% worth all the stress in the week leading up to it.
- Only one bridesmaid (me) is set on fire. (Apparently you’re never supposed to spray static guard underneath a dress you’re wearing, because it may ignite a fireball under your skirt with a shocking woosh.) (No harm befell the bridesmaid or the dress…and all the static went away!)
- Macaroni and Cheese is on the dinner menu…and not just the kids’ menu.
- The lead singer of the band is rocking a curly mullet and dance moves you haven’t seen since the 80s.
- The dance floor is constantly full of people shaking what their momma gave them–even my rhythmically-challenged husband– despite the fact that the strongest drink at the reception was root beer.
- The bride (my gorgeous sister-in-law, Aleisha) and groom (my fantastic new brother-in-law, Cliff) are positively radiant, and the glow of their love eclipses the glow of all the candles and twinkle lights in the room.
Next Page »